SEATTLE (AP) -- An indication of an oil filter problem prompted the crew of a Boeing 787 flying from Denver to Tokyo to divert to Seattle-Tacoma International Airport on Tuesday afternoon, a United ...
Tourism in the Great Smoky Mountains National Park for this May was up 10.5 percent compared to last year. Almost 900,000 people visited the park this May, which is the highest number for the month of May on record. However, visitation for the January through May period is almost six percent below average this ...
Hundreds of foreign service officers walks out of Department of Foreign Affairs headquarters June 06, 2013 in Ottawa. (Dave Chan for The Globe and ...
The Ethiopian Airlines, one of the fastest growing airliners in Africa, on Tuesday launched its new destination to Seoul, South Korea. The inaugural flight to Seoul coincides with the 50th anniversary of the establishment of diplomatic relations between Ethiopia and South Korea. The Ethiopian Airlines made the inaugural flight with Boeing 787 Dreamliner to Incheon International Airport in ...
United just announced it is joining Delta in adding spending minimums to its elite frequent flier program in addition to mileage. Photo: Wikipedia Earlier this ...
66.0°F Mostly Cloudy
Winds: From the NNE at 1.1 MPH Gusting to 2.0 MPH
Roman Holiday [DVD]
In 1953, nobody knew who Audrey Hepburn was. She had played some minor roles in a handful of movies, but she was, for all intents and purposes, an unknown. ...
United Airlines Becomes North American Launch Customer for Boeing 787-10 as It Increases Dreamliner Order to 65
United Airlines (NYSE: UAL) today increased its 787 Dreamliner order to 65 aircraft (including six previously delivered aircraft) with an order for 20 787-10s. United is the North American launch customer for the 787-10 and it expects delivery of its first aircraft in 2018. United ordered 10 incremental 787-10 aircraft and will convert 10 existing 787s on order to 787-10s, enabling the airline ...
Key industry body’s are satisfied the AU$130 million allocated to Destination NSW in the 2013-14 NSW budget will boost the state’s visitor economy and encourage future opportunities. Leaders from both the Tourism Industry Council NSW and the Tourism & Transport Forum (TTF) have expressed their support for the level of funding the state has received and the ways in which these ...
The operating results for May 2013 are given in the table below: In May 2013, Singapore Airlines' system wide passenger carriage (measured in revenue passenger kilometres) increased 1.3% on the back of 3.1% growth in capacity (measured in available seat kilometers). Consequently, passenger load factor (PLF) fell by 1.2 percentage points to 74.6%. The number of passengers carried ...
Siro Barino, managing director of Swiss Deluxe Hotels, an association consisting of 38 most exclusive luxury hotels in Switzerland, told China Daily, that Chinese tourists have witnessed a significant growth in recent years while their choice has seen a major shift from economy hotels to luxurious ...
LOS ANGELES, Calif. - Viking Cruises today announced it has cut steel in the construction of its first ocean cruise vessel, Viking Star, marking a major development toward the company's ocean product. The steel cutting took place at Fincantieri's Marghera shipyard outside Venice, Italy. Viking Star is scheduled to be delivered in early 2015, with maiden voyages beginning in April ...
They said it
Our nuclear programmes are completely transparent. But we are ready to show greater transparency and make clear for the whole world that the steps of the Islamic Republic of Iran are completely within international frameworks. The sanctions are unfair, the Iranian people are suffering, and our (nuclear) activities are legal. These sanctions are illegal and only benefit Israel.
Iran's president-elect was speaking after his historic election victory.
Wyndham Miami Beach Resort
First impressions are so important for a hotel guest's stay. Ironically when one thing goes wrong early on inevitably a ...Keep reading
Record Your Vote
Should tax havens be forced to lift their shroud of secrecy?
Baltimore StarBaltimore Star | Breaking Baltimore News Service
The Baltimore Star is essentially a local Baltimore newspaper, but with a national and international perspective, designed to provide readers with a one-stop shop for Baltimore, national US, regional, and world news coverage, weather and sports information, with live updates on breaking business stories, and what's happening in the financial markets. The biggest advantage we have is that we are an online newspaper, which means we are constantly refreshing our stories as more and more information comes to hand. Often when a story breaks the initial details are sketchy. We and our sources around the world work hard to gather more information, verify facts, and provide a perspective of the major stories. Expert opinion often accompanies our articles to better inform readers, and provide a more complete understanding of the news we deliver. Financial markets and business reports are regular features as we pin down what's happening, and constantly refresh stock market indice readings, dollar currency rates, and breaking business news reports. Our world sports coverage is a priority, as is our regional news. We like to think if you're looking for breaking news out of Baltimore, Maryland, the United States, or the world, you'll look for it first at the Baltimore Star.
WASHINGTON A CSX Corp freight train derailed northeast of Baltimore on Tuesday, sparking a fire and causing buildings to collapse, authorities said.
The train derailed shortly after 2 p.m. EDT (1800 GMT) in White Marsh, Maryland, and there were no reports of injuries, a spokeswoman for the Baltimore County Police Department said. The cause of the accident was unknown.
The Baltimore County Fire Department said on its official Twitter feed that there was a fire at the scene. Preliminary reports said several buildings had collapsed, it said.
Baltimore's WBAL-AM radio reported that several freight cars were on fire.
An attempt to reach CSX for comment was not immediately successful.
It was the third significant rail crash in the United States in the past two weeks. On Saturday, two freight trains operated by BNSF Railway Co and Union Pacific Corp crashed at a rail intersection in rural Missouri, injuring seven people.
That accident came a little more than a week after a Metro North commuter train derailed near Fairfield, Connecticut, injuring more than 70 people and shutting down traffic on one of the most heavily traveled rail corridors in the United States. ...
- Williams jealous of Styles
- Rihanna to seek therapy to get over break up
- Havent heard from Brand post-divorce Katy Perry
- I dont have a home Will.i.am
- Katy Perry reveals hair colour disaster
- Becks was offered kicker trial by NFL scout while at LA Galaxy
- Yankees acquire ex-Met prospect Martinez
- Mets rookie P Wheeler wins 1st career start
- Os homer twice off Verlander to top Tigers
- Baylors Jackson cant work out for draft
- Ex-Im Bank loan guarantee to Air India upheld by US appeals court
- Google spending $7mn to fight child pornography
- Aspen seeks to acquire GSK thrombosis drug and plant
- Shenzen to be first Chinese city to begin carbon trading
- UK inflation rises to 2.7pc in May pushed by higher transport cost
- No breakthrough in talks between UK and Ecuador over Assange
- Leaders of G8 call for peace in Syria and pledge humanitarian aid
- US Names New Envoy to Africas Great Lakes
- US Taliban to have direct peace talks
- Man disrupts US flight by screaming about CIA
- Surveillance history belies trust us Our view
- Rep. Mike Rogers NSA keeps America safe
- Guest Boeing’s exodus from Washington state
- Taxis and ride-sharing companies compete for customers in Seattle
- Marijuana legalization What a long strange trip it has been
- College study says students from Ireland indulge in drinking more than others
- Exclusive Bengali thali restaurant opens in Kolkata
- Charles Saatchi confesses to assaulting wife Nigella Lawson in public
- Plastic bottle drinks may raise cancer risk in womb
- Restaurant chain investigated for alleged $4-an-hour wages
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Baltimore Star headlines delivered to your inbox.
- 2 Md. Men Charged With Stealing Car Batteries
- Charges Dropped Against Baltimore County Police Officer Charged With DUI
- Patton getting on a roll for Orioles
- Appeals court overturns officers sentence in Majestic case
- Police officers lawyers call Randallstown teens death accidental